Field Maps does not display more than 2 symbol classes in web map

01-25-2021 12:07 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have put together a map in ArcGIS Online where I have added a hosted feature layer that is symbolized into three categories based on an Arcade expression I wrote. In the map viewer in ArcGIS Online, the symbols display just fine as shown in the screenshot below.

MattLayman2_0-1611604771659.png

However, when I load the same map in the Field Maps mobile app on iOS (latest version, iPhone XS), I only see two symbol classes- the tan diamonds and blue dots. The points that fall within the red star category are lumped in with the orange diamonds as well in Field Maps. Screenshot below.

20210125_200330000_iOS.jpg

Thanks in advance for any insight on this issue. It seems like a bug to me, but I could be missing something.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User ,

I cant reproduce this with my own data. Can you share the arcade expression you are using so I can take another look? Also, do you see the 3rd symbol in the Legend within Field Maps?

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Colin,

Below is the expression I'm using. I do see the third symbol in the legend in Field Maps- the legend looks as it should. I apologize for the screenshot of code instead of the code itself- Geonet wouldn't let me paste the code for whatever reason...

mlayman09_3-1611616190892.png

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

I copied over your code and replaced the field with my own Date field. It seems to be working in my case. Do you want to share your data to a group and invite the user ArcGISFieldMaps? This way I can take a look directly at your configuration. If you do so, please give me a heads up on the Group name.

File (1).jpg

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Colin,

I've invited the arcgisfieldmaps user to the group "LDAR Inspections_Temp". I've shared a web map called to that group called "LDAR Site Inspection Tracking_DO NOT USE" which has my issue recreated for you to view. Thanks in advance for your time!

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks, I can reproduce using the map you shared but for some reason still cant reproduce using my own data. A couple things to try: have you tried removing the expression, saving the layer, and then re-adding the expression? I also noticed I have data falling in the "NA" category, can you modify your data so a feature falls in that category? 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Colin,

I removed the expression, saved the layer, then re-added the expression and saved the layer, and that did not work. I guess I could modify the data to have one record fall in the NA category, but that just seems like an unnecessary work-around. Could this issue be addressed in the next release of the field maps app?

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

Modifying the categories was only me trying to narrow down the potential causes; I have tested both ways and this doesnt seem to make a different. I would like to reproduce this outside of your data but have not been successful so far. At this point I can log something to investigate further but on your end I would recommend contacting Support. They can help you get a bug logged so you have something to track. If you get a bug number please post it back here for reference for others. I hope we can help get this sorted in the near future. Thanks!

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos