Field Maps Crashing and Unable to Open

11-17-2023 10:36 AM
JaclynFlor
New Contributor

Hi, our inspector is using field maps for a construction job. The Field Maps application is crashing a few times throughout the day, which is hindering his use. He also is sometimes getting pop-ups that say "Unable to Open, Too many exchange refresh token". Then no maps show up in the application. Eventually it will come back but it happens multiple times throughout the day.

He is using the application on iPad Air (5th Generation).

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
23 Replies
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Oddly enough, I am getting this same error repeatedly - but on the backend when trying to utilize webhooks. My authentication method has to be reset each time and I don't even know if that is fixing the problem or just delaying it.

I am wondering if it is something on ESRI's end that changed - might be related?

stacey_act
New Contributor II

Currently experiencing the exact same issue with our on site staff, on an iPad mini. Apps all up to date, user has 4G and still constantly having issues.

Will likely open a support ticket.

MollyReynolds1
New Contributor II

Field staff started getting the "too many exchange refresh tokens" error intermittently last week and this week. It comes up when trying to submit a new point in Field Maps in an offline map area, and doesn't allow the point to be submitted. Closing and reopening Field Maps seems to help in the short term, but it keeps happening. The points have no attachments. Various models of iPads.

Edit: the exact error text is "Unable to Submit. Too many exchange refresh token"

0 Kudos
Debbie_Briedwell
New Contributor II

Has anyone found a solution?  I have a field inspector on an iPad with the same issue.

0 Kudos
MollyReynolds1
New Contributor II

I talked to Esri tech support last week. They said the error can be caused by being logged into Field Maps for too long without submitting any points. They said to log in at the start of each day, and you may need to log out/back in if you've had Field Maps open for and hour or more without editing anything.

0 Kudos
stacey_act
New Contributor II

Standard unreasonable response from ESRI

stacey_act
New Contributor II

Nope, still struggling.

0 Kudos
stormec
New Contributor II

Field worker just started experiencing same problem today with iPad 10th gen. Worked for while; allowed for 4 items to be input. Then, this error occurred, and the No Maps withing username. Restarting app solved for short time, now back. IDK?

0 Kudos
tendtreesTC
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue.  we have a few people out updating asset information in the field.  one of the staff has had the issue once, the other has had it multiple times during the day.  

0 Kudos