Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps 24.1.0 Crash on Feature Edit

Jump to solution
03-05-2024 09:51 AM
Spengler
Emerging Contributor

On Feb 29th we experienced a severe issue across our fleet of Android devices running the new 24.1.0 update. Upon editing a line layer on Field Maps, the app would crash to the android home screen. The line layer is hosted on ArcGIS Online. This crash occurs on all Android devices tested (Samsung Galaxy A34, Motorolla Moto G (5) Plus, Motorolla moto g power (2021), Motorolla moto g(7) power, Motorolla moto g(8) power) but iOS devices are not effected.

In the Log, the only [DEBUG (error)] is this 

Tue Mar 05 07:13:48 HST 2024 : [DEBUG (error)] - Uncaught exception!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to call observer method
at androidx.lifecycle.f$a.a(Unknown Source:74)
at androidx.lifecycle.ReflectiveGenericLifecycleObserver.c(Unknown Source:12)
at androidx.

We've temporarily fixed this by rolling back Field Maps to an earlier APK but we would like to raise this issue so it can be fixed and we can return to running the release version of Field Maps.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best,

Alex

Tags (4)
11 Replies
lizmsnow
New Contributor

Hi Colin,

It appears to only be when editing a specific field (text). I messed with allowed attributes and geometry edits and it was still crashing. Maybe it doesn't like that the default value is null until the user changes it? I've attached screenshots of what I'm getting in the logs.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@lizmsnow The null default could be the problem based on the error in the first screenshot; I assume the timestamp on that error lines up with when you are crashing? The second screenshot is unrelated. 

Regards,
Colin