Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Map tutorial that uses EGDB feature service layer

05-24-2024 07:34 AM
dsinha
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to create a Field Map app for my organization for data collection. I want the app to use a feature service generated off a feature class in the organization's EGDB. Are there any tutorials/demo videos/webpage where there are instructions of how to go about doing this?

I am the DB and EGDB admin for my organization but I keep getting error messages in the  Forms dialog box essentially indicating that I do not have edit permission on the feature service and all the form elements are greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Deb.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
HannesVogel
New Contributor III

If you disabled Pop-ups for one layer, it looks like this when you right-click the layer in the contents area of your map:

HannesVogel_0-1717566002170.png

When you enable Pop-ups, it looks like this:

HannesVogel_1-1717566247505.png

dsinha
by
New Contributor III

@HannesVogel Thanks for that suggestion! I was troubleshooting with an ESRI analyst yesterday and it seems the problem might be with the EGDB itself where the feature layer resides. I will report back when we are able to identify what exactly caused this problem.

dsinha
by
New Contributor III

After almost 2 weeks of conversations and tests, the ESRI analysts discovered that it is not possible to use a feature service for Field Map-based data collection. It has to be a hosted feature class.

Thanks for the help everyone!

0 Kudos
HannesVogel
New Contributor III

It would be interesting why it is not possible for you / your configuration. In general, it is a possibility ESRI provides and it also works to edit in a referenced enterprise geodatabase and not only in hosted data. But maybe those information are too sensitive to share.

dsinha
by
New Contributor III

Upon further discussion with Esri Analyst, I learned that the Form Elements (in the Field Map Designer) remain inaccessible at this moment when using feature service. Hypothetically (not confirmed yet), use of Fields to design form would work.

0 Kudos