Field Map's Form for a Feature in a Group

Jump to solution
02-16-2022 10:47 AM
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

If I add features to a map, I'm able to create a custom form for it in the Field Maps Web App.

If I add that feature to a group, via Map Viewer (Beta), the custom form still appears in the Field Maps Mobile App; however, when I launch the Field Maps Web App, that feature now shows up under the Reference Layers group, grey'ed out, with a message "Editing of this content is disabled".

How can I edit forms of features that are grouped?  Do I have to create a form, then add the feature to a group; and, if I need to edit the form in the future, do I then have to take the feature out of the group, save the map, go into the Field Maps Web App, edit the form, then go back into the map, and move the feature back into the group?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay, so you can either upgrade to 10.9.1 or do what you suggested on 10.8.1:

Do I have to create a form, then add the feature to a group; and, if I need to edit the form in the future, do I then have to take the feature out of the group, save the map, go into the Field Maps Web App, edit the form, then go back into the map, and move the feature back into the group?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@JasonCyphers  What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using? Field Maps web added group layer support in Spring 2021 for AGOL so it should be supported starting with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers

Our enterprise is 10.8.1.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay, so you can either upgrade to 10.9.1 or do what you suggested on 10.8.1:

Do I have to create a form, then add the feature to a group; and, if I need to edit the form in the future, do I then have to take the feature out of the group, save the map, go into the Field Maps Web App, edit the form, then go back into the map, and move the feature back into the group?

JasonCyphers

It would be a hard sell to get my IT Dept. to upgrade to 10.9.1, so I rekon I'll have to suffer through.  I just got them to install Map Viewer (Beta)

0 Kudos