Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Display Order of Web Map Viewer not honored in Field Maps

02-01-2023 10:10 AM
DanielleMRadomile
New Contributor

I am working on building a Web Map (using the new Map Viewer) that will feed into a Field Map. When I go to alter the feature display order in my web map, that ordering is not honored in the Field Map. Is this a known limitation of Field Maps? Or am I doing something wrong?

5 Replies
Will_CulturalFire
Occasional Contributor

You're not doing anything wrong, this is a bug. I submitted this last year, no updates yet: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MjIzOA==

DuncanC
Frequent Contributor

Seriously??  This ERSI software is unusable,  I cannot believe the number of missing or broken features I've found in a week working with it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative? 

0 Kudos
AaronGlanville
Occasional Contributor

Can anyone from Esri comment on if this feature is in their plans for Field Maps?

This is becoming a common complaint in my office.

RuudVenderbosch
New Contributor

Same problem here...

0 Kudos
DuncanC
Frequent Contributor

Even more upsetting is that the print service doesn't respect them either.  So if you build something in experience builder with the print widget the user expects what they see is what they will get in their PDF.  I did at least, but no, not the case,  some polygons now hide others in ways you'd corrected using the feature ESRI built for it but half their software doesn't care.  The bar for good enough at ESRI is really disappointingly low.

0 Kudos