Edits to a Related Table no Longer Save

Jump to solution
07-08-2022 10:41 AM
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use field maps to edit data that contains related tables. I can successfully add related records, but edits to data in related tables do not persist, although they go through the save process and display a message that the update was submitted. Editing the same map in Collector does retain the edits. 

I am currently testing on Field Maps version 22.3.0 on an Android device and will test on an iOS device once I have access to one. 

The form must be completed in Field Maps because it uses Contingent values and calculations. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrittneyGibbons
New Contributor III

I had a call with ESRI support and we were able to pinpoint the issue as follows: Data with related tables must be added to the map using the classic map viewer. Once the data has been added to the map, the map can be opened and edited in the new map viewer but it must be added using Classic. I had to copy over the JSON using assistant, but at least all of my form configuration wasn't lost. Also wish that ESRI wouldn't recommend using the new map viewer when this is a known bug on their end since the only way to remedy the situation is to recreate the map using classic. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rlyding
New Contributor III

I was having the same issue with editing existing related table fields. One work around I found. If you create the web map using the classic viewer and then re-create the forms in field maps it allows you to update existing related records again. I then saved the map in the new map viewer and the fix has held so far. I am debating just keeping the web map saved in classic viewer as I am not sure what broke it in the first place.

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons
New Contributor III

I had a call with ESRI support and we were able to pinpoint the issue as follows: Data with related tables must be added to the map using the classic map viewer. Once the data has been added to the map, the map can be opened and edited in the new map viewer but it must be added using Classic. I had to copy over the JSON using assistant, but at least all of my form configuration wasn't lost. Also wish that ESRI wouldn't recommend using the new map viewer when this is a known bug on their end since the only way to remedy the situation is to recreate the map using classic. 

FionaRenton1
Occasional Contributor II

I do wish that ESRI would prioritize adding related tables into the new map viewer. It is a best practice to use a related table in the field for repeated visits to the same site.