Data Design carryover from ArcGIS Pro > AGOL > Field Maps

Jump to solution
04-20-2022 11:42 PM
DustyJordan
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I've been banging my head against a wall for a few days now trying to get one of my web maps working properly in Field Maps for data collection. 

Could someone help me out and explain what exactly carries over from ArcGIS Pro when it comes to data design (i.e., Domains, Attribute Rules and Contingent Values)?

I have a feature layer that has several domains, attribute rules and contingent value groups. I've published that to AGOL. From there I have added that layer to a web map. I've then tried using that web map in Field Maps for data collection. Here is what I've experienced so far. 

1. Contingent Values do not work. From all the searching I've done it appears this feature just hasn't been implemented yet, but it is coming. Like, real soon. I figured maybe upon syncing the contingent values would kick in and autopopulate related fields. Nope.
  2. Attribute Rules, specifically calculation arcade expressions do not seem to carry over. I thought maybe these would at the very least trigger upon syncing the data from Field Maps...but it isn't. 
  3. Domains seem to be about the only thing that is carrying over and showing up properly in Field Maps.

Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong or misunderstanding how these function in Field Maps? Should I be writing these calculation expressions in Field Maps form builder instead of ArcGIS Pro? 

Appreciate any guidance! 

-Dusty

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today, when you publish from Pro to ArcGIS Online domains, types, subtypes, and contingent values are published with the feature service. Field Maps supports domains, types, and subtypes today. There will be support for contingent values in Field Maps very soon.

Attribute rules are not supported in AGOL hosted feature services today. There's also no client-side support in Field Maps for them. It's on the roadmap for both products.

Certain ArcGIS Enterprise feature service implementations have support for domains, types, subtypes, contingent values, and attribute rules.

Field Maps recently added support for form calculations, these are defined and stored in the form (in the webmap). There is some overlap with attribute rules regarding functionality - so you may be able to use form calculations for your workflows.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today, when you publish from Pro to ArcGIS Online domains, types, subtypes, and contingent values are published with the feature service. Field Maps supports domains, types, and subtypes today. There will be support for contingent values in Field Maps very soon.

Attribute rules are not supported in AGOL hosted feature services today. There's also no client-side support in Field Maps for them. It's on the roadmap for both products.

Certain ArcGIS Enterprise feature service implementations have support for domains, types, subtypes, contingent values, and attribute rules.

Field Maps recently added support for form calculations, these are defined and stored in the form (in the webmap). There is some overlap with attribute rules regarding functionality - so you may be able to use form calculations for your workflows.

DustyJordan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Aaron! 

This clears up a lot of my confusion. I'll play around with the form calculations and see how much functionality I can replicate on that end. 

Looking forward to the contingent values support! Our upcoming field work is a semi-annual event (i.e., Spring & Fall), so it's unfortunate that feature wasn't quite ready yet but it'll be nice to implement them before the fall field season. 

0 Kudos