Select to view content in your preferred language

Creator and Editor columns blank on field maps data

12-20-2022 01:40 PM
PGGIS
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello all,

We are working with a feature layer associated with Field Maps, and are wondering why the Creator and Editor fields are not populating.  These fields have populated with the account with which a feature was created for us in the past.  Currently, both of these fields are returning as blank for all created featured.  We would like to track from which account a feature is created, and currently there is no return in these fields.  We attempted to export the data as well, and see that the fields are still blank.

Is there something we missed/a setting in permissions that anyone could point us to?

PGGIS_0-1671572356376.png

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JustinReynolds
Frequent Contributor

Is editor Tracking enabled for the service?

JustinReynolds_0-1671573751996.png

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
PGGIS
by
Emerging Contributor

We do have that option enabled, and values will appear for the editing account for any edits made in AGOL, but it still is blank when a feature is created.  The Creator field is our main concern.

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds
Frequent Contributor

Are those fields the standard Esri field for tracking edits or custom versions?

Here are the ESRI default field names:

JustinReynolds_0-1671574456928.png

If your fields match these then you could try disabling editor tracking & re-enabling without it changing your schema.  Otherwise, if you are using custom field names for this purpose doing so would likely add these 4 fields to your layer's schema.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Is the data/app public or do you need to sign in to access/edit it?

Have not tested, just a thought not sure what it would use for creator if you are not signed in.

R_

0 Kudos
PGGIS
by
Emerging Contributor

Although the survey is public and several records will be submitted via a browser survey link, most of the data will be collected via users signed into specified accounts that we want to associate with each record.

0 Kudos
stevennicholl
New Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue, I have narrowed it down to targets being entered in using a mobile device.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Is this enterprise data?  I had the same issue (was populating in Map Viewer or Pro, but not field maps).

Somehow, the groups got confused in Portal vs GIS server.  I had to go into Server Manager and make sure the proper groups were selected in the mapservice, then restart that service.

After that, is working as expected in all maps/apps.

R_

0 Kudos