Creating a new feature in a layer from copying a feature in another layer

04-15-2024 09:52 AM
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Hi -  We are using Field Maps to collect data about marshes along the shoreline. One of our layers is Marsh (polygon field). Users delineate the boundaries of an existing marsh area as a polygon in the app.  We also have a feature layer called Planted Marsh where a user draws a polygon around areas of a marsh that have been planted.  Each of these polygons has different fields and forms attached the them.

A planted marsh polygon can sometimes be the same area as a marsh polygon (i.e. The entire marsh area has been planted).  In these cases, is it possible in Field Maps App for a user to copy an existing marsh polygon from the Marsh layer and paste it into the planted marsh layer as a new feature and then fill out the form to fill in the attributes of the planted marsh area?   I haven't been able to do this, so I figure no, but thought I would ask just in case there is a way.

Thank you    

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

The list of related features (links) only comes up after a layer has been selected so if you click the copy button it will copy the shape of the feature in the layer you selected.  Thank you for trying to solve this.  It appears the related tables are causing the issue. May have to repost question, specific to field apps using related tables.  Thank you again!

0 Kudos