Create pdf reports from field map data

04-21-2022 05:44 PM
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

My county's noxious weeds inspectors are using a point layer in field maps to collect data on noxious weeds in the county.

They want to be able to create weekly pdf reports to send to the public works right of way staff for the points that are toxic, or for plants that should not be disturbed because they have been digging up soil in areas where the weeds are not supposed to be touched.

The public works staff aren't ready to use technology yet, hence the need for pdfs.

What is the best way to create reports to send out?

The weed inspectors are downloading their data daily into ArcMap desktop to create a mail merger to send out notices so the pdfs could be created from ArcMap or ArcPro and wouldn't need to be done in ArcGIS Online.

I would like it to be some sort of template with minimal steps. The fields will remain the same, its just the data points that will be changing.

I would want to see a map of the areas with toxic weeds that week, and standard text of what they should or should not do if they encounter them.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

Bring the layer into ArcGIS Pro and create New Report

ArmstKP_0-1650658827532.png

Then choose:

ArmstKP_1-1650658951787.png

0 Kudos
CraigCheeseman
New Contributor III

While hunting for some other Field Map solutions on GitHub, I came across this:

https://github.com/Esri/field-maps-scripts/blob/master/notebooks/Generate%20PDF%20Report/Generate%20...

0 Kudos
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you both, I will try out those options.

0 Kudos
ReinhardtBotha
New Contributor III

@L77 were you able to find a solution for your request? I'm interested in doing something similar.

0 Kudos
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

The person I was building it for decided to go with a dashboard with filters instead of the pdf reports.

0 Kudos
ReinhardtBotha
New Contributor III

I see, its good to hear that they went for that option instead.

0 Kudos