Select to view content in your preferred language

Create drop down menu in smart form for specific set of users

05-11-2023 05:57 AM
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I was wondering if it was possible to create a drop down menu for a field via the Smart Form in Field Maps / Map Viewer for a specific set of users instead of creating a list on the actual hosted feature layer for all to see?

I am creating a web map for a group to use in Field Maps and they would like to be able to have a drop down list of observer / reporter names instead of having to type in the name every time. However, this is not something that needs to be seen by everyone using the feature layers in different web maps / mapping applications.

Will creating a view of these layers solve this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@luckachi This should be possible.  Have you used the Field Maps Designer before?  You can utilize an Arcade conditional visibility expression.  You can obtain the logged user, then you can set up an "if" expression, so that if the logged in user equals x,y,z, then make visible.....

ArmstKP_0-1684158316565.png

0 Kudos
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

@ArmstKP - sorry for the multiple, similar posts. Yes I am familiar - I have been going back and forth between this and the Map Viewer Forms. I thought I could accomplish this with a view, but that doesn't allow me to make changes to the input type and I'd prefer not to create a new field just for a small subset of users.

0 Kudos