Configuring Field Maps to allow Photo Capture

Jump to solution
06-03-2021 06:57 PM
JenniferLink1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I would like to configure my Field Maps application to allow one or more photos to be taken when a feature is added or edited. I am using ArcGIS Online with my organizational account. I have enabled Editing and Sync on the hosted Feature Layer. I have enabled attachments on the Layer within the hosted Feature Layer from the settings in ArcGIS Online.   The Web Map that the Hosted Feature Layer is a part of is enabled for Offline. I have created 5 offline map areas. 

When I attempt to add a new feature on my Samsung Tab A device, there is no option to capture a photo on the form. Is there anything else I need to do to allow a user to take a photo? 

Thank you!

Jen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JenniferLink1 ,

It sounds like you have covered the basics of what is required. Have you had a chance to try the map Online (not a downloaded area)? Do you get the same experience? Its possible the offline areas were created before attachments were enabled on the service. Try saving the Web Map again and recreating the offline areas if you have not already. While saving, check if you can add an attachment from the Web Map viewer. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JenniferLink1 ,

It sounds like you have covered the basics of what is required. Have you had a chance to try the map Online (not a downloaded area)? Do you get the same experience? Its possible the offline areas were created before attachments were enabled on the service. Try saving the Web Map again and recreating the offline areas if you have not already. While saving, check if you can add an attachment from the Web Map viewer. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
JenniferLink1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion! It turned out that I did have to recreate the offline map areas before it would recognize the 'enabled attachments' setting. I had enabled that after creating the offline areas.

Regards,

Jen

nishi
by
New Contributor

I have a single layer on the map that is enabled for offline use.  The rest of the layers are not enabled.  My question is, in order for the option to capture a photo to my offline enabled layer, does the rest of the map contents have to be enabled for offline just for the layer I want the option to add a photo?

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @nishi , if you want to perform data collection/capture photos offline then all layers in your map must be configured for offline use. If this is not done, Field Maps will not let you take the map offline. Just to clarify, in case this was your question, a layer does not need to be offline enabled in order to add attachments. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos