Configure Field Maps Smart Forms from Pro

Jump to solution
05-20-2021 06:28 AM
mike_geo
New Contributor II

I'm configuring Field Maps smart forms for use with ArcGIS Online, specifically utilizing the grouping functionality. Is there any to configure the field grouping from ArcGIS Pro?  There are a lot of fields to configure in groups and it is very tedious to drag/drop in the web app.

I also anticipate needed to overwrite the Web Layer periodically and I do not want to lose the Field Maps configuration every time that happens. 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not supported in Pro. Eventually Pro will probably support authoring forms (since it is part of the webmap spec). You'd probably be better off commenting in the ArcGIS Pro community to see if someone from their team has any insight.

You can speed up the grouping by selecting multiple attributes (hold shift/ctrl down and click). Then you can drag and drop multiple items at a time. This was added in the Spring 2021 release of Field Maps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Mike, from what I have seen, I do not think there is a way to group layers in Pro and have those groups stay in tact for ArcGIS Online map viewer. Are you talking about grouping layers from the table of contents, or something else?

It seems to me that once the layers are grouped from the new AGOL map viewer, and you republish from Pro to AGOL, the grouping should stay. It is a tedious process to manually group everything online.

0 Kudos
mike_geo
New Contributor II

Thanks, Adrian. Regarding grouping, I was referring to grouping field/attributes in the Field Maps web configuration app per the screenshot attached. 

Snag_56605e9.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not supported in Pro. Eventually Pro will probably support authoring forms (since it is part of the webmap spec). You'd probably be better off commenting in the ArcGIS Pro community to see if someone from their team has any insight.

You can speed up the grouping by selecting multiple attributes (hold shift/ctrl down and click). Then you can drag and drop multiple items at a time. This was added in the Spring 2021 release of Field Maps.

mike_geo
New Contributor II

@Anonymous User Thanks for the ctrl-click tip. I didn't realize that was an option. That will help a lot. 

0 Kudos