Capture related record(s) at time of parent record creation (repeats)

05-10-2023 06:51 AM
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

I have a workflow where our field users will be entering completely new features (parent record), and also will have related data (child) that they will need to enter at the time of adding the parent record, similarly to how a repeat is accomplished in Survey123.  I have not been able to find a way to build a smart form that allows for adding the child record(s) when they are entering the data for the parent and submit all of this data at the same time.  The only option I seem to have is for the user to submit the parent record, then click on it in the map and add child records once the parent record has been created.  

Any direction on how this can be accomplished (if possible) would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Brandon

3 Replies
TeresaWhitney
New Contributor III

I typically set up the feature and related table in Pro. Then you need to publish the feature/related table together, create a web map, and the final step is to set up forms on the feature and the related table in Field Map Designer. In the screenshot from FM Designer, it shows I have multiple relationships including one that is a second table related to the first related table.

0 Kudos
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

Teresa,

I actually do have my feature service set up with a related table. The functionality I’d like to have is for the related table fields be entered within the same form as the parent feature. For instance, in your screenshot you have owner data as a related table.  I don’t know what the parent feature is in your service, but if it were a home and the user is entering a new home in the form for that layer, they would also be able to enter the owner data within that same form (even though that data actually will be stored in the related table) and submit it all at the same time.  Currently, the user would have to add the new home, submit it.  Then, once that new home feature is added and on the map, click on it and add the related owner data within a separate form.  The functionality I’m looking to have is basically how repeats work in Survey123.  

Thank you for your response!

Brandon

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

I don't believe that is possible in Field Maps.

0 Kudos