Cannot define a vector tile basemap in webmap

Jump to solution
10-26-2021 12:28 AM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Currently, it seems like it is not supported to reference a vector tile basemap for offline use even if the map is configured to have a vtpk side loaded.

It's a bit annoying.

Did I miss anything ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rzufelt
Occasional Contributor

I have not tried to sideload a vector tile package, but there is a setting for this on the hosted tile layer published from the vtpk.

Once checked, I have no issues taking vector tile layer offline:

rzufelt_0-1641318218627.png

I use this since creating an offline area always packages the current basemap, even when you select the option to use the tile package the device already has.  I have a tiny vector basemap now so the offline areas don't get so huge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You did sideload the vtpk to your device, then reference that vtpk by name in your web map right?

PaulFerro2_0-1635260508902.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Yes the problem is that you cannot download an area if there is a vector tile layer as basemap as it does not consider it as downloadable

0 Kudos
rzufelt
Occasional Contributor

I have not tried to sideload a vector tile package, but there is a setting for this on the hosted tile layer published from the vtpk.

Once checked, I have no issues taking vector tile layer offline:

rzufelt_0-1641318218627.png

I use this since creating an offline area always packages the current basemap, even when you select the option to use the tile package the device already has.  I have a tiny vector basemap now so the offline areas don't get so huge.

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Completely missed that...

Many thanks @rzufelt 

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

@rzufelt, actually, I now understand why I missed it at the first place: this option is only available if you have the related vtpk available on the Portal for ArcGIS.

As I had deleted it, it was not available.

Thanks again for your time and help: much appreciated

0 Kudos