Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot apply calculated expressions to fields in Field map designer since update

02-28-2023 08:28 AM
JordanGuthrie
New Contributor

Hey all,

I cannot seem to add an arcade expression to a field in field map designer since this last update.  I'll have the field selected and hit the gear beside calculated expression.  The arcade editor opens and seems to function properly and running the expression in the editor gives me the result I want but when I hit Okay the expression is gone and there is no change to the field.  Is this a bug or am I missing a key step here.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Are you in the Forms section of Field Maps designer or did you just typo your question?

I ask as in the form section, I don't see "Calculated Expression" anywhere, or an OK button in the arcade editor.

So, did you mean "Calculated value" and "Done" or are you looking somewhere else?

R_

0 Kudos
JordanGuthrie
New Contributor

Hey, sorry yeah, I meant 'calculated value' and 'done'.  

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

FIgured as much, but thought I'd check since I can't reproduce.  That part of the arcade editor seems to be working fine for me.

Have you tried using the form editor in the new map viewer?  Might give different results.

Or, could load the feature class into new map and test.  could be something 'wrong' with the map.

The latest 'update' seems to have changed it a bit.  I no longer see the option to populate values in the editor for testing as well.

Makes it very hard to troubleshoot when you have no control of the value coming "into" the script.

Maybe I'm just missing this option now as ESRI has hidden it well.

R_

0 Kudos