Can you limit the drop down list of domain values displayed in one field based on a value provided in a previous field using Arcade for Field Maps?

Jump to solution
01-22-2021 04:01 PM
SashaHelton
New Contributor III

I have a dataset being used where a crew member will determine an Observation Code based on the conditions they're seeing in the field. Once they've selected the Observation Code they have to select a 'Recommended Follow Up Action' in a separate field. Currently, they have to select from the entire list of possible 'Recommended Follow Up' values that are in the Domain but ideally I'd like only the choices relevant to the selected Observation Code to be shown. Is this possible?

I've set something similar up for this in S123 but we're migrating the whole process to Field Maps. 

@AaronPulver  The expressions you shared in another thread in response to user Valven were really helpful for me, would you have any ideas? 

Thanks for any and all suggestions! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AaronPulver
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently this is not possible using Arcade. Field Maps (and Collector) use the domains defined in the fields, types, or subtypes. There is an on-going effort with hosted feature services, runtime, and the apps to support contingent values that are published from ArcGIS Pro.

One option that might work for you (if you only need one field to control other fields) would be to define sub-types using the Observation Code field as the sub-type field. You could then define a different set of domains for each sub-type. Sub-types can be authored in ArcGIS Pro and are supported in Field maps today.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AaronPulver
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently this is not possible using Arcade. Field Maps (and Collector) use the domains defined in the fields, types, or subtypes. There is an on-going effort with hosted feature services, runtime, and the apps to support contingent values that are published from ArcGIS Pro.

One option that might work for you (if you only need one field to control other fields) would be to define sub-types using the Observation Code field as the sub-type field. You could then define a different set of domains for each sub-type. Sub-types can be authored in ArcGIS Pro and are supported in Field maps today.

View solution in original post

SashaHelton
New Contributor III

Looking forward to when we can bring contingent values over from Pro, until then I'll look into the sub-type work flow you suggest. Thanks for the speedy reply! 

0 Kudos