Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't create offline map areas

Jump to solution
11-03-2023 08:15 AM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I've tried everything I can think of and that support ha suggested and I know I am not the only one facing issues with field maps. The offline areas fail online and with a mobile device. I have downloaded a world imagery for export basement and that is not resolving it either. I need to get my guys in the field before snowfall; shouldn't be this difficult imo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Laura 

Is your data set up and enabled for offline use? -Sync, Global IDs, Basemap and Layers are in the same projection, is your data editable or have at least one layer that is?

When taking an area offline from the ArcGIS Online or Enterprise side in your dev tools of the browser (under Network) do you see any error messages when the download fails?

Do you have any smart forms/contingent values/domains set up?

Is it only one layer you can isolate this issue to or does it impact other projects?

Have you reviewed this document https://www.esri.com/content/dam/esrisites/en-us/media/pdf/implementation-guides/take-your-web-maps-...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Laura 

Is your data set up and enabled for offline use? -Sync, Global IDs, Basemap and Layers are in the same projection, is your data editable or have at least one layer that is?

When taking an area offline from the ArcGIS Online or Enterprise side in your dev tools of the browser (under Network) do you see any error messages when the download fails?

Do you have any smart forms/contingent values/domains set up?

Is it only one layer you can isolate this issue to or does it impact other projects?

Have you reviewed this document https://www.esri.com/content/dam/esrisites/en-us/media/pdf/implementation-guides/take-your-web-maps-...

Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Yup my feature layer was set up for everything - turned out to be a sharing issues with the map image

0 Kudos