Authentication Error frequency pops up on IOS

05-19-2022 11:47 AM
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have been using Field Maps mobile for about 8 months now on my IOS devices. Every once in a while (2-3 weeks or so) the application will frequently prompt a user to sign in repeatedly, every 1-2 seconds. The sign in credentials are correct, and it works on our Samsung devices for the most part. Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this.

Thanks!

23 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DaveBodak ,

Do you happen to have a screenshot of what this prompt looks like?

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
DestonHoward
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. It happens in Collector as well. 

DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ColinLawrence ,

I am unable to reproduce the error right now, but @DestonHoward has the same pop-up that I am receiving frequently.

0 Kudos
DaveBodak
Occasional Contributor

Hey Colin,

Still having the authentication error on our Apple IOS devices. Any word on how we could fix this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have uses encountering the same issue.  They open the map they always use and get repeated requests to sign-in with their AGO credentials.  When they enter their credentials, they can work for a few minutes and then they are asked again to enter their credentials.  

In general I am hearing from a lot of our users that they are experiencing login/access issues with Field Maps.  Is anyone else experiencing this lately?  It wasn't always like this.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Can the folks in this thread give me an idea of how you manage devices between work days? Are the devices powered down every day or left on and charging? Do the fieldworkers using the device always stay signed in between work days/weeks or do they share the devices with other named users? Just trying to get an idea of the frequency of log ins and app restarts.

Also, please note if you are using ArcGIS Online or Enterprise. Thanks!

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
JimW
by

My organization is using ArcGIS online and iPads.  Our users typically stay signed in.  At the end of the day their devices are plugged in so they are charged and ready to go for the next day.  A few devices are shared among users but most of the complaints I have received are from those with a device assigned to them.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
JimW
by

A little bit more info...this happened to one of my users yesterday and the message wouldn't go away.  All last week he was using Fields Maps with no issues.  At the end of his work day he plugs his IPad in to a charger and places his device in a cabinet.  This is what he did on Friday.  He is not powering down the device or signing out of anything.  The below image is what appears.  Tapping Later makes the message reappear.  Tapping Sign In asks the user to sign back and when he enters his credentials, it just brings the authentication error message back.  I attempted to login in as myself and had the same thing happen.  If I login to my own IPad, I don't encounter this error.  However, I am not out in the field actively using Field Maps so that may not be a good test.  I also did this using wifi and cellular and didn't receive the authentication error.

Our current work around is to sign out of Field Maps and sign back in.  I am waiting to hear back from my end user as to whether this provides a permanent solution or if he periodically receives the authentication error, needs to sign back in and how often this occurs.  

0 Kudos
JimW
by

@ColinLawrence I had another user today report the same issue of being asked to repeatedly reenter their AGO credentials.  It eventually goes away but is very disruptive to their day.  Any insight?  Thanks.

0 Kudos