App crash latest build (22.1.2)

05-02-2022 07:30 PM
BryceChristie
New Contributor II

Crashing of latest build (22.1.2) whilst streaming line data, crashes and closes app after only a few km's of data collected. Continuation of a thread from the old beta forum (https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/forum/thread.html?cap=e55aef78a95143e7a5fb72583c20e4d4&forid={...).

Immediate app crashing issue from 22.1.1 was rectified, but in the latest build hot fix 22.1.2 has this persisting bug.

Requesting another immediate hot fix if possible as app is unusable on Samsung Tablet being used.

Using version = 22.1.2 Android (newest version)
Tablet = Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), 32gb & 2GB RAM
OS = Latest Android version

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor II

Bryce, We're also experiencing crashing while streaming tracks using Field Maps 22.1.2. Field Maps also crashes when GPS Averaging. We have the device (Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3) set to average 100 points. I wonder if you can test to see if GPS averaging also causes Field Maps to crash on your device? We have created a case with ESRI and someone is looking at our log files. We are curious about the following in our log file: "[APP LIFECYCLE] - Low memory reported inside application [APP LIFECYCLE] - Application asked to trim memory" Does your log file contain similar messages? 

0 Kudos
BryceChristie
New Contributor II

Hi there, I have tested running our tablet and it crashed around 3/4 (at about the 75 mark) of the way to 100 points on GPS averaging.

Test using a simple point (with 2 attributes), used in offline area downloaded to the Samsung (using same OS and Field Maps version as above).

I have attached log file (anything for 23rd May will be when I tested this). I have tested twice with the same result.

0 Kudos
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor II

@BryceChristieThanks for testing GPS averaging on your device and sharing your log file. I've sent the log file to the ESRI rep working on our case. I also updated this thread to link to your response as well.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/field-maps-crashing-while-gps-averaging-or...

BryceChristie
New Contributor II

I can confirm that the streaming line data crashes are still occurring in main version (22.2.1) & in latest beta version (22.3.0).