Additional Configurations for Photo Attachments

09-08-2021 11:13 AM
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Working with some of the Field Maps settings - I really like the additional form customization elements.

I do have some need for additional configurations for the way photos are collected - if there's a way to get the result I want, I haven't found it yet.

I'm very used to using Survey123 for field work, where I have attachments submitted via 'Image' type in the XLSform.

Typically we collect two photo attachments, a "before" and "after" photo, each which is prompted by a different question in the survey. Because they are individual questions in S123 the name of the attachment will be populated base on which question it was submitted for.

In Field Maps, the default is just a very general Capture or Attach photo prompt at the beginning of the form. I can submit multiple photos, but have to manually rename them before submitting. Not a big deal but it would be nice to have an attribute for the photo prompt in the Form builder in Field Maps - or some other way to achieve the same result as what I have in S123 currently.

Is there a way to do something similar in a way where the name for the attachment photo can be dependent on a question it was submitted for?

Thanks!

Henry
1 Reply
EditeurS53
New Contributor

I approve this proposition, any feedback from team ?

0 Kudos