Select to view content in your preferred language

About how long does it take to build a field app?

Jump to solution
07-27-2023 11:42 PM
Hels77
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I have knowledge of Experience Builder and ArcGIS Pro. I want to create an field app with the same data I use in the EB app, create some forms, and also georeference some maps. Staff will be taking it offline, using it for navigation (like google maps), collecting data, tracking thier location.

I know this is probably a 'how long is a peice of string' question as it depends on so many factors. But I need to give my boss an estimated time/ effort.

Also, any areas of the build that are finicky or troublesome?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahSaint-Ruth
Esri Contributor

Hi @Hels,

If you already have a map set up (sounds like you do) then you can open this in Field Maps today. If you want to configure additional functionality like forms - this is straightforward to do in Field Maps Designer. Whilst estimates can't really be provided because of the unknowns of your workflow - using Field Maps Designer cuts out a lot of time by being able to optimize your map for the field in one place.

If Field Maps Designer is new to you I'd recommend checking out our 5min Get to Know Field Maps Designer video

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SarahSaint-Ruth
Esri Contributor

Hi @Hels,

If you already have a map set up (sounds like you do) then you can open this in Field Maps today. If you want to configure additional functionality like forms - this is straightforward to do in Field Maps Designer. Whilst estimates can't really be provided because of the unknowns of your workflow - using Field Maps Designer cuts out a lot of time by being able to optimize your map for the field in one place.

If Field Maps Designer is new to you I'd recommend checking out our 5min Get to Know Field Maps Designer video

0 Kudos
Hels77
by
Occasional Contributor

Great, thanks @SarahSaint-Ruth 

0 Kudos