Field Maps Smart Forms Edit Feature Service of a Server Feature

05-12-2022 08:35 AM
Labels (2)
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

I need to be able to edit a Feature Service in Field Maps Smart Forms.  Currently I get the message "Basic elements are not available Contact your administrator".   ESRI Tech support says this in a known limitation.  We were able to do this with Collector and Survey123.  It seems like a major thing to miss before rolling out Field Maps and discontinuing support in Collector.

4 Comments
JustinReynolds

Is this in Enterprise or AGOL?  Are your trying to edit the feature service in Field Maps Web App?  Are you trying to add a new Basic Element to the form? I'm curious where you are seeing that message.

MatthewDriscoll

Both Enterprise portal and/or AGOL using a server feature service. It's when I try and create a Form.

According to this: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/android/help/configure-the-form.htm

Note:

Adding basic form elements is not currently supported in ArcGIS Enterprise.

by Anonymous User

@MatthewDriscoll  Basic form elements are new fields that are pushed down into the feature layer. Here are some restrictions that can prevent new elements from being added to a feature layer:

• The user does not own the layer and is not in org_admin role within the organization
  • The layer is a not a hosted feature layer
  • The layer is a feature layer vie
  • The feature layer has views that lock the schema of the feature layer
  • The feature layer is used to build a tile layer item
MatthewDriscoll

User error and incorrect information from ESRI Tech support.   This is already implemented.