Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps Screen Rotation/Orienatation

01-12-2021 10:43 PM
MatthewGeorge
Occasional Contributor II

I would like to see the Field Maps app for Android include the ability to rotate the screen, i.e. having the mobile device in a landscape orientation would see the app re-orientate to suit and when the device is moved back to portrait the app return to a portrait orientation. This would help for all of our field workers that use this for navigation when the tablet is mounted in their vehicles.

Tags (3)
14 Comments
ColinLawrence

Support for the tablet orientation on smaller form factor tablets had to be pulled since my last comment due to unforeseen consequences. It is still in the roadmap for a future release of Field Maps.

SeanSummers_CC

I would like to upvote this idea.  One of our field techs is using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and likes to use it in landscape mode. They previously had an iPad which could do landscape mode and is dissatisfied that Android can't do it.

KAnderson

This would be very helpful! Later versions of Samsung Active Tab need to be in landscape orientation for users wearing polarized sunglasses.

One of the critical ways my organization uses Field Maps is to collect fish and river bed data. Polarized sunglasses are needed for underwater visibility, but then need to be removed in order to see the Field Maps screen. This back and forth happens while users are bracing themselves against the flow of the river. Landscape mode would make this quicker, easier, and safer!

Y_Chau
by

Works well only on iOS. Samsung Tab Active4 also works now. But no support for many other Android tabs.