Shape Files are not displaying properly when uploaded to ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
04-08-2018 11:33 AM
ChrisCrabtree
New Contributor III

I'm working with a polygon shape file that I'm editing in ArcGIS Desktop. I have one large polygon that is used as a footprint for a building and I'm cutting the polygon trying to separate it to categorize rooms like a blue print. In desktop is shows up fine but when I upload it to ArcGIS Explorer Online it displays my rooms as cut up looking triangle. Does anyone know why it would be doing this? I attached a picture.

Thanks!

School

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisCrabtree
New Contributor III

I seemed to have figured out the solution. 

I was trying to add a layer to my ArcGIS Explorer Online map of blueprints for schools. Each room in the school was its own polygon with attribute data. When I uploaded the shape file to ArcGIS Explorer online the square polygons were showing up as half squares (triangles) and what I ended up doing was, instead of generalizing the shape file I told it to stay the keep the original features and it displayed correctly. 

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChrisCrabtree
New Contributor III

I seemed to have figured out the solution. 

I was trying to add a layer to my ArcGIS Explorer Online map of blueprints for schools. Each room in the school was its own polygon with attribute data. When I uploaded the shape file to ArcGIS Explorer online the square polygons were showing up as half squares (triangles) and what I ended up doing was, instead of generalizing the shape file I told it to stay the keep the original features and it displayed correctly. 

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks!