ArcExplorer lifespan

05-08-2014 08:54 AM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III
I am thinking about building an online based application that will be used by user who do not have ArcGIS licenses and I am thinking about using ArcExplorer. I need to do this relatively quickly and I have pretty much no programming/scripting experience. I was wondering if anyone knows how long ArcExplorer will be continued to be supported by ESRI?

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
ArcGIS Explorer Online is now in extended phase support. While it will continue to be available, it is no longer being updated.
Deprecation Plan for ArcGIS 10.1 and ArcGIS 10.2
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to bump this up from the grave for an update from ESRI.

ArcGIS Explorer Online is built on a Silverlight platform so we all know that it's a platform on its way out. Based on information found on this page on ESRI's website, they indicate that they are in development of a desktop version of Explorer for ArcGIS. Lord only knows when this graphic was last updated so it begs the question- what is the status of this development and when can we look forward to a desktop replacement version of ArcGIS Explorer Online?

I still use Explorer Online on a fairly regular basis and would hope that I'm not the only one.

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos