Select to view content in your preferred language

Install Problem - Registry Error Perhaps?

01-27-2011 04:37 AM
JustinBradley
New Contributor
I have found no rhyme or reason as to why I am having problems installing build 1500 on some machines and not others. I see inconsistencies in the which chip sets and drivers will work and which won't. The only common thread I can find is that in MOST cases if I've tried to install the current user version and then removed it to put on the administrator version instead it fails on start up.
Is there a registry key that is whacky or is this software just that fickle? It's a shame as the people who can use it love it and are getting a ton of uses out of it.
Please HELP!!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with some of your installs. The first thing we always suggest checking is that your graphics drivers are up to date (and also perhaps before that is that the machine meets the recommended specs for running Explorer - there's an auto checker on the system requirements page - http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri_if/1186/10895).

If you've gone through some installs/uninstalls on a machine then you could clear out the Explorer user profile - backup then delete the contents of C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\esri\arcgis explorer.

You could take a look in the registry once you've removed the software just to make sure it's cleaned up after itself - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\Explorer1500.

Finally, if you've got ArcGIS Server in your organisation then you're entitled to some tech support for Explorer so you could try the support desk.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos