Select to view content in your preferred language

Image service "fuzzy edge" doesn't disappear until zoom out

06-03-2011 12:20 PM
TomHoober
New Contributor II
I am working with a service created from a mosaic raster dataset that contains over two hundred images.  These images vary in pixel depth, bands and sensor type. 

They display properly when viewed in AGX.  However, when they first load a large out of focus grey square partially appears (attachment 1).  This happens on any of the images I click on and remains visible as I pan around at that extent.  If I zoom out a full grey square appears (attachment 2).  When I get to this extent AGX starts streaming the data and the square disappears (attachment 3).  Then I can zoom back in and the grey square is gone (attachment 4).

There are a couple other places where I have other mosaic services that only contain about 10 images and none of these locations have this problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts about why this could be happening?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndreiIvanov
New Contributor III
Tom, are you working in 2D? While at the extent of grey square you can try "Refresh" the layer and see if the grey square is gone (Manage layer-> select layer -> Clear Cache). If that does not help this is just the way AGX renders your service. Once cached - you should not see that grey square again.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Thoober

Thank you for your response.  I am working in 3d and I am deleting my local cache each time I close down AGX.  The thing I think is strange is the fact that it is not consist between the different locations.
0 Kudos
AndreiIvanov
New Contributor III
I am not familiar with 3D drawing process. I guess, it is a bug in 3D view. If you have ArcGlobe you can see if it behaves the same way.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: JerryGarcia

I am not familiar with 3D drawing process. I guess, it is a bug in 3D view. If you have ArcGlobe you can see if it behaves the same way.

Is this a bug?  I am having simiar issues.  This is a major problem for our customer.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/37832-Image-sevices-fuzzy-in-ArcGIS-Explorer?highlight=fuzzy
0 Kudos