Zooming issues 3d and 2d maps

09-29-2022 10:25 AM
MillenniaOne
New Contributor

I am creating a Web experience for our in house archaeologists to view total station data collected in the field, in 1m x 1m data recovery units. There is 2d map and 3d map, side by side, and tables containing the data. I am having multiple issues with zooming....

I have set a trigger on the 2d map to pan to extent changes on the 3d map, and vice versa. When I zoom in on the 2d map, the 3d data zooms off of the page. When I zoom in on the 3d map, I cannot zoom in very far before all of the data disappears off the page.  Also, I can't seem to zoom to selected records in a table.

As the units are 1x1m, we need to be able to zoom in quite close, for the data to be usable. I have done some searches on setting predefined zoom scales and am not finding much help. Also wondering if caching levels could also somehow be predefined before pushing out to AGOL.

I'm very new to experience builder - any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@MillenniaOne Thanks for bringing this up. Is there any sample app/data for us to take a further look at?

0 Kudos
MillenniaOne
New Contributor

Thanks @TonghuiMing  but we have already exhausted out testing with ESRI tech support and ESRI Inc. which have logged this as a bug. 

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

That will do the same. We will keep an eye on that as well.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@MillenniaOne In the recent AGOL June release, we have enhanced the behavior of map extent sync & zoom to behaviors greatly. The previous issue you encountered should have been resolved. Feel free to let us know if you have any other concerns.

0 Kudos