Select to view content in your preferred language

What is the best way to use multiple maps in Experience Builder?

Jump to solution
05-17-2024 11:37 AM
Labels (1)
Bec
by
New Contributor III

Hi! Relatively new to Experience Builder here.  I have 3 different maps that I want the end user to be able to access outside of the main map.  I have played around with adding more than one map within the main map window and you can only do one additional map with the main map. I like this function, though limited, since it allows a nice transition between two maps.  The other option I have been working with is adding a Widget Controller and adding 3 map widgets to the controller and linking each map widget to the appropriate map.  This will work, but the map is initially like a pop-up that you have to click on the Fullscreen button to get a larger view.  Are there any settings that can make it display in the same location as the main map? Should I use a button for each map instead of the map widgets? Or any ideas that will work better since this will eventually be a public facing map? Below is an image showing the 3 map widgets, with one widget selected.  You can also see in the lower left corner of the main map, the inset map that, when clicked, will switch between the main map and one other map.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Bec

Main map with map widgets.  Map inset in lower left corner as well that allows user to switch to one other map.Main map with map widgets. Map inset in lower left corner as well that allows user to switch to one other map.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/section-widget.htm

This sounds like a job for a Section Widget. The Section Widget is sort of like a page within a page. You can put your set of Map Widgets in different sections within the Section Widget and use a View Navigation Widget or a series of buttons to switch between them.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/section-widget.htm

This sounds like a job for a Section Widget. The Section Widget is sort of like a page within a page. You can put your set of Map Widgets in different sections within the Section Widget and use a View Navigation Widget or a series of buttons to switch between them.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
Bec
by
New Contributor III

Thanks again for your help!  The Section Widget worked in allowing me to get what I wanted for the most part when it came to having 3 different maps for the end user to view.  I couldn't seem to get the View Navigation Widget to work with it, but the buttons work just as well and might be the better option overall.

0 Kudos
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

i can't give you a definitive answer as I'm just starting to really explore EB myself. Earlier today though I was reading about the section widget and what I was reading there combined with views navigation might be along the lines of what you are hoping to do - Section Widget Help 

Another approach might be adding each of your maps to a new page, and then a menu widget to the footer of the first page element that users can click to move between the different maps. But I don't know if you can sync between those views or not.

Bec
by
New Contributor III

Thanks so much for your help as well on this issue.  I went with Section Widget that was suggested by both you and JeffreyThompson2.

0 Kudos