VERY slow pop-up performance in Experience Builder

04-21-2022 09:18 AM
KariHicks_BentEarSolutions
New Contributor II

I am currently using Experience Builder to build an application. When the web map is brought into the experience, the pop-ups no longer perform as expected. They do not always open when clicked, and once opened, I cannot click on the "x" to close the pop-up. This behavior does not occur when looking at just the web map, only in experience builder. There are other erratic performance issues with the pop-ups within Experience Builder as well. Overall it seems that the "wrapper" of Experience Builder somehow affects the interaction of user clicks and the popup. 

Anyone else have issues with this? Workarounds?

Just building appy apps and mappy maps.
7 Replies
KevinMWright13
Occasional Contributor

Hi karimarhicks,

I can commiserate.  I noted the same popup performance issue when wrapped in ExB.   I have not seen a workaround for this yet.  Only adding my comments to show that you are not alone.  🙂 

Kevin Wright
Data Visualization Enthusiast
0 Kudos
MichaelGinzburg
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, I experienced the same and opened two threads:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-api-for-javascript-questions/poor-performance-on-identify-in-ar...

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/why-selectfeaturesbyids-applied-fo...

How many layers does your webmap have? We have about 60 and we've found that ExB poorly deals with such amount of layers. This not only for identify but also for measure and draw widgets.

The workaround may be developing your own widget querying the webmap and displaying results. We did this and it works well. 

0 Kudos
MichelleWang1
New Contributor II

I have the same issue with Developer's Edition, especially after I applied 1.8 patch for a selection regression issue.

James_Kellough
New Contributor III

You’re not alone, though the issues are not limited to just popups for me, map widgets (i.e. measure, layers, etc.) frequently “freeze” becoming non-responsive. Controller widgets are generally fine however data linked text can also be painful waiting for. I’ve been transitioning my WAB apps over to ExB in anticipation of its retirement but ExB performance is so poor and erratic, I can’t possibly put them into production at this time. 

RobertHauck1
New Contributor II

I found that my slow performance issue was only occurring on Chrome and only on certain computers.  Turning on "Use hardware acceleration when available" in Chrome's system settings fixed it.  Enter this into the address bar to find the setting: chrome://settings/system.  

AL_77
by
New Contributor III

I am going to try this. I have experienced lad with the new map viewer and Experience Builder. I have to wait for our IT Admins to update the group policy to allow us to check that on first. Keeping fingers crossed. 

AL_77
by
New Contributor III

This worked perfect! A little annoyed that ESRI support wasn't able to assist on the lag I kept complaining about, they never even checked this. Thanks @RobertHauck1 

0 Kudos