Using an Experience as the portal landing page

10-22-2021 07:29 AM
Labels (2)
JulieARediker
New Contributor

I'm using Experience Builder 10.8.1 Enterprise Edition. My boss asked me to create a new, interactive home page for our portal. I'm NOT an html programmer so, when he suggested I do it in DreamWeaver and use the code from there to update our index.html file, I just thought it would be easier to to do it in Experience Builder and connect to it through Organizational settings. Well, I found out later that I can't do it that way.  I think the only way I can use the Experience as the new home page is to export the code and use it to replace the index.html file. Has anyone else tried anything like this? Is there a way to get to the code for my Experience? Any suggestions would be helpful. (Hope this question makes sense. I'm new to all of this.)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You definitely could do this sort of thing. You'd need to use the Developer Edition of Experience Builder, then export the resulting experience and put that into your web server.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

I would also add that the developer edition is just as easy to use as the online version if you don't get involved in writing your own widgets.  You might need IT assistance installing it, and you run it from a command window.  Otherwise it is almost exactly the same UI except for the stuff to download the files to put on your own web server.  There are a lot of good reasons to do this if you can.