Use List Selection from page 1 to open new page all about that selection

Jump to solution
05-19-2022 03:17 PM
ShariForbes
New Contributor III

Hi. I'm a total newbie to experience with only the ESRI Learning Plan under my belt and <40 hours of "playing" with this great tool. I've been asked to replicate this Land Hub found in the ESRI Experience Builder gallery about our current Zoning Cases under review. It is perfect for what we are trying to achieve in our Planning Department.  My experience builder product is here but what I cannot wrap my head around is when one clicks "More details" in the selected list on the Land Hub example they are taken to a page only about that project (a selection? a URL parameter?)

If anyone can send documentation or a "how to" to do that, then we would be indebted. 

1. I don't understand how the "more details" button goes to different pages.

2. How the different project pages are created? Is it automated or somehow done within the experience builder app itself?

Thanks, Shari

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ShariForbes 

If you want to link the button widget to a different page, you can use the URL address as a field in the data source and use that field in the button link.

ShengdiZhang_0-1653035652236.png

However, for your case, there is a simple way. The online template Hotel booking is a good example, and you can create one yourself. In this sample template, a window with item details can be opened via the list button (on the search result page).

ShengdiZhang_1-1653035914275.png

Open the window Details, select the text widget, and see the selected features view is selected.

ShengdiZhang_2-1653036372651.png

Therefore, when another feature is selected on the list widget, the content of the text widget using the selected feature view also changes.

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ShariForbes 

If you want to link the button widget to a different page, you can use the URL address as a field in the data source and use that field in the button link.

ShengdiZhang_0-1653035652236.png

However, for your case, there is a simple way. The online template Hotel booking is a good example, and you can create one yourself. In this sample template, a window with item details can be opened via the list button (on the search result page).

ShengdiZhang_1-1653035914275.png

Open the window Details, select the text widget, and see the selected features view is selected.

ShengdiZhang_2-1653036372651.png

Therefore, when another feature is selected on the list widget, the content of the text widget using the selected feature view also changes.

Regards,

Shengdi

ShariForbes
New Contributor III

thank you. I did not see the choice "Selected Features" until you showed me. Still learning! I appreciate it. 

0 Kudos