Select to view content in your preferred language

Timeline widget starts with the 4-digit year, all other days are Month/Day

10-25-2022 09:23 AM
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

I am using the Timeline widget in Exb and for some reason it starts with a 4-digit year, the other dates in the widget are formatted as month/day.  How do I adjust the first date to be in a Month/day format? 

RyanBohan_2-1666713725440.png

The 4-digit year appears in both style options in Exb

RyanBohan_3-1666713774010.png

I am using the "Customize time setting"

RyanBohan_1-1666713651511.png

The base map is using a Living Atlas layer: National Weather Service Precipitation Forecast

https://sandiego.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f9e9283b9c9741d09aad633f68758bf6

The time slider in the map does not start off with a 4-digit year

RyanBohan_4-1666714238451.png

9 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RyanBohan - we have not yet provided the custom time format settings, so unfortunately that's the behavior for now. We will take your case into consideration for further evaluation. Thanks for bringing this up and keep tuned.

RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

@TonghuiMing Thank you for the quick feedback.  

Also is there a way to set the default speed in Exb?

In the map I set the play rate set to "Fast"

RyanBohan_0-1666804976378.png

In Exb it is changed to Medium.  How do I change the default speed to "Fastest"?

RyanBohan_1-1666805044027.png

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RyanBohan,

The current logic for Timeline is that, if you honor the Map viewer time settings, the speed will be inherited from the Map; if you go with the Custom time settings, the default speed at runtime will be "Medium" - basically what you have seen.

Also a candidate for future enhancement discussions.

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi @TonghuiMing 

To clarify if I want the default speed at runtime to be fast, I can only use the map to adjust the Timeline.

Please take into consideration adding speed settings to Exb. 

The data I am using is a 72-hour window.  Exb does a great job in the customized settings adjusting the timeline widget to only reflect the currently available data.  

Thank you

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@RyanBohan - appreciated the feedback. We will take note of that for future enhancement evaluation. Thanks!

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RyanBohan - as for the speed settings, it has been enhanced in the recent AGOL 2023 June release. You can give it a try.

In the custom mode:

- If in a previously-configured app with custom mode, the default speed will be set as 'Medium'

- If using a feature layer or map service layer directly, the default speed will be 'Medium'

- If using a web map as the data source in newly-created apps, the default speed will honor what has been configured inside the MV

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi @TonghuiMing,

Yes, I was able to Configure the time settings to default to Fast.

Thank you.

Is there any way to remove the year from the start of the timeline?  I am only showing a sliding 3-day window, so no need to show the year.  Either having the start date/time, or simply today would be more appropriate.

RyanBohan_0-1687288231552.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I believe that's our current design in case users might not know which year they are at. This would be considered together with our labeling enhancement evaluations.

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi @TonghuiMing,

Thank you for the information.

Currently Experience Builder labels the year in 3 locations.

Please consider removing the 3rd label for year.  Keeping it Month/Day.  It seems 2023 would be best to represent a new year only, the first section of the Timeline slider (below) does not represent 6 months.

RyanBohan_0-1687806171402.png

Thank you