Select to view content in your preferred language

Select Widget - Using user-uploaded data as the selecting feature?

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
JohnW7
by
New Contributor

Is it possible to configure the Select widget to use uploaded data to select layers in a web map?

We've tried using the Add Data widget to upload a file and add it to a map. However, the added layer does not appear in the "Selecting features" dropdown of the Select widget. I'm not seeing any options in the Select widget configuration that will enable this.

Am I missing something, or is this just not possible?

Thanks!

John

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

If you turn on the Allow Selection of Data Generated At Runtime option in the Select Widget Settings Panel, it should pick up layers added in the Add Data Widget.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JohnW7
by
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I do have that option turned on. The problem is that any uploaded files are added to the list of selectable layers, but not to the "Selecting features" list. I want to be able to use the uploaded file to select other layers.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

What kind of layers are you using? Map Image Layers? Tile Layers? Feature Layers? I believe the Select Widget will only work with Feature Layers.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JohnW7
by
New Contributor

I'm only using Feature Layers. The file I'm uploading is a polygon shapefile with only one feature. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Ooooh, you are talking about this option.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1718726345630.png

Yeah, that's not going to work with a runtime added layer.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JohnW7
by
New Contributor

That's what I was afraid of.  Thanks for your help!

John

0 Kudos