Select to view content in your preferred language

See what is selected from the filters widgets

10-13-2022 08:42 AM
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor III

Hello guys,

I'm working on the experience builder and i applied some filters to see specific building in results on a List widget.

When i select my elements, i have this : 

JasonBOCQUET_0-1665675450394.png

It's possible to see :

JasonBOCQUET_1-1665675503591.png

instead of the "2 sélectionné" text ?

And other question : it is possible to use the filter widget directly with the checkbox without using the dropdown list ?

Something like this : 

JasonBOCQUET_2-1665675596525.png

I know it's possible to use a button instead of the list choice, but the button solution is not very efficient when i have 5 or more choice in my filter widget, that created a large framework for the current filter widget and it's not esthetic.

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JasonBOCQUET 

For your first question, the short answer is no, if you are using the OOTB functions. Showing all the labels might raise UI/I18N issues and not the current design.

For your second question, we have that in mind but there is no way for that at this moment.

Hope that answers some of your concerns. If you feel like that these are helpful, you can also post them in the Ideas channel and we will be watching & evaluating the requests based on feedback. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Hello @TonghuiMing , thanks for your reply ! So there is no solution to allow my users to see what they have selected without reclicking each time on the drop-down list ?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Well, that's the case for now - unfortunately. However, if you go with the Pill selector instead of the dropdown UI, it will show up like this:

TonghuiMing_0-1665994951209.png

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Yes i'm looking for this solution. But it's not very esthetic when you have too much choice on the filter, because the pills are too big and it's impossible to set their sizes (or i don't know how to do that maybe?)

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately no, the size for these pills depends on the content and is not customizable.

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

It's gonna be in the future ?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I cannot say for sure now, but putting up the ideas might be helpful for future evaluations. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Thanks for your replies 🙂 Have a nice day !