Select to view content in your preferred language

Performing Calculations with User Input and Returning Results

10-14-2022 04:07 PM
EricO
by
New Contributor

Hi, I'm working on an Experience Builder app where we want to take user input from selections on a map as well as dropdowns, text fields, etc. We then want to use these inputs to perform simple VMT calculations and return the results to the user.

I'm wondering what the best approach would be for performing these calculations.  Is this something that would be done using "Data action"?  Is it possible to perform the calculations in an ArcGIS notebook and bring those results into the ExB app?

Are there any examples of something similar being done or any recommended resources?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @EricO,  I have a similar question. Did you ever get this figured out?

- Holly
0 Kudos
MattBewleyDCGov
New Contributor

I'd also be interested to know if anyone has input on this. Trying to set up something like this now and having some trouble figuring out how to allow user input in Experience Builder.

0 Kudos
MattBewleyDCGov
New Contributor

Specifically, and to @EricO 's question, I know message actions and the query widget can be used for allowing users to filter/select data, but haven't been able to figure out whether user-provided text or dates can be passed as filter conditions.

0 Kudos
MattBewleyDCGov
New Contributor

I didn't realize that the settings in SQL Expression Builder allowed an "Ask for values" option like in Web AppBuilder. Oops! For me at least this seems to meet the need.

MattBewleyDCGov_1-1696360172350.png

0 Kudos