Select to view content in your preferred language

Near me widget

Jump to solution
01-25-2024 10:09 AM
Labels (1)
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I am just trying to configure Near me widget with other widgets like directions widget, list and it should look like  to instant app of Near me. 

How to show  direction widget icon in the results of near me and can click to generate route and want to link with other widgets filter, etc..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HonghongLi
Esri Contributor

Hi, the Near Me widget in Experience Builder can interact with the Directions widget and Map widget to generate routes. You will need to enable data actions in the Near Me widget first, allowing you to configure 'Directions From' and 'Directions To' points on the map. Though the data actions are associated with the Near Me widget, the icon can only be found on the map instead of the Near Me widget itself.

To begin, apply an analysis on the Near Me widget; it will display results on the map. Once you click on a selected result from the map based on the Near Me widget analysis, you will see actions in the pop-ups. This icon can then populate 'From' and 'To' points on the Directions widget, allowing you to generate routes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HonghongLi
Esri Contributor

Hi, the Near Me widget in Experience Builder can interact with the Directions widget and Map widget to generate routes. You will need to enable data actions in the Near Me widget first, allowing you to configure 'Directions From' and 'Directions To' points on the map. Though the data actions are associated with the Near Me widget, the icon can only be found on the map instead of the Near Me widget itself.

To begin, apply an analysis on the Near Me widget; it will display results on the map. Once you click on a selected result from the map based on the Near Me widget analysis, you will see actions in the pop-ups. This icon can then populate 'From' and 'To' points on the Directions widget, allowing you to generate routes.

0 Kudos
barryguidry1
New Contributor II

So, I generated a video to attempt to give some guidance to my customers to get directions from the Near Me widget. For some reason I have to enter the address twice in the widget actions...

https://youtu.be/eTeSsOXFGI8?si=f_wieVG8OgSKMdSd

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

Can we have a direction icon beside miles display in analysis results list ? similar to instant app. it is lot more easier than pop ups.  

0 Kudos