Map Widget Functionality

08-04-2020 11:39 PM
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III
Good Morning. 
I have a map in a map widget in Experience Builder and I would like to be able to update the feature list widget linked to this map when I click on a map symbol. 
Currently I can do this the other way, so when I click on a feature in a feature list then I can zoom to that feature on the map...which is great, but I can't seem to be able to do this in reverse, click on a symbol and update the feature list.
So how can I set a trigger to click on a map symbol and select the associated feature in the feature list.
Regards. 
Jeremy. 
I've looked at the various map widgets documentation but I am not entirely sure if this is covered ? Is there someone I can chat with about this ? Could you direct me to them ? 
Many thanks for your help. 
Regards. 
Jeremy Dunn.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

Based on your workflow once you click a point on the map you would like that feature attribute to display in the feature info widget correct? If this is correct this is supported out of the box no actions required.  What type of features exists on your map?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III

Morning David,

Thank you for the reply. I have a map with simple point symbols. I have a feature list linked to the map to the left of it. If I click on a feature in the list the map zooms to that point...great.

FeatureListandMap1

However if I click on a point symbol on the map, a different symbol, the feature list does not update to show the information of the symbol. The feature information in the map does yes, but not the feature list that I first clicked.....I've attached an image for reference...

FeatureListandMap2

If you look at FeatureListandMap1 you will see that all content matches. As I have clicked on the feature list on the far left to zoom to the point in the map. 

If you look at FeatureListandMap2 you will see I have panned in the map to another symbol and clicked on that symbol, but the feature list on the left does not update. 

So how do you link the symbol point in the map to update the feature list widget on the left ? 

Regards.

Jeremy. 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Ok, it looks like the selected state is off for the list if it isn't updating. If you go to content-->states-->selected make sure that is on. If this isn’t the solution, I would check your page size for the records for your feature layer under the data tab. By default it is at 100 records, so if you have a lot more features than 100 I would increase it to the amount of records in your feature layer. This will ensure your list displays the record selected when a point is clicked on the map. 

thanks,  David

0 Kudos
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III

Morning David,

Unfortunately I only have 25 records in this list. And the selected features are "On", still does not update. What is odd is that I have another map with another list associated with it and this does respond in the way you suggest it should. So I'm stumped as these two respective maps and lists are set up the same way. 

Regards. 

Jeremy. 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

Hmm, head-scratching here. Can you share the experience with me? My username is dmart.

Thanks,

David 

0 Kudos
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III

Hi David,

Hmm...I don't think I can currently share with someone outside my organisation...looking at my sharing options...would you be adverse to a teams call ? 

Regards. 

Jeremy. 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Yeah, that works. I will send you my information. 

0 Kudos