Is there a way to minimize the space at the top of a screen group?

07-31-2023 06:54 AM
GarthHoxsie-Quinn
New Contributor III

In using the Gallery template to create a newsletter in ExB, at the top of the screen group there is a space that I am unable to get rid of. Does anyone know if there is a way to shrink this? Or do we just need to deal with having this extra space?

Screenshot 2023-07-31 095219.png

Tags (3)
4 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GarthHoxsie-Quinn ,

Do you mean the gap in the red box? 

ShengdiZhang_0-1692173105540.png

This gap will disappear at runtime, it is only for adding widgets between blocks/screen groups. You can enable live view, or save and preview the app to see the space disappears.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
GarthHoxsie-Quinn
New Contributor III

No, there is just excessive space in one area but it seems fine. Over time we may add widgets there. I appreciate the assistance.

0 Kudos
MarisaKordecki
New Contributor II

Hi @ShengdiZhang the excessive space is driving me crazy. I have the area marked in the red squiggles. If I try to move the text boxes up, it just puts them on the main page. This is the parallax template so the space was there already but is also there for any new screen group added. 

ScreenGroup.PNG

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MarisaKordecki ,

Screen group templates have other preset settings, such as the transition effect, spacing between panels, and when to trigger the next screen. Therefore, when you select a screen group template, any new screens added to the screen group will have the same amount of space.

The screen group template used in Parallax is Showcase, which you can find at https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/build-apps/add-screen-groups.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_ ... to refer to the template setup.

Screen groups are used to provide a different scrolling experience for the end user, if you are concerned about spacing you can remove the screen group and add four blocks to replace the screens. You can add a column widget to the block to achieve a similar layout.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos