Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to make the field names in Experience Builder charts honor the pop-up field names?

12-04-2023 11:07 AM
Labels (1)
RaoelisonFH
New Contributor

In Operations Dashboard, when adding charts with multiple attributes, there's a capability that allows us to configure the field/alias names so that they don't look weird from the user's side.

But the charts widget in Experience Builder doesn't have that. It just default to the original field names, not even the alias so now my charts have field names that wouldn't make sense to the user and it doesn't honor the pop-up field names.

Does anyone happen to know if there's a way to solve this issue or if this is something that will be updated in the next couple of ExB updates?

I wish the Experience Builder Charts would function the same way as those in Operation Dashboard

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RaoelisonFH ,

Thanks for your feedback.  
In ExB series chart like column/ bar/ line, you may change the series label at series setting as below.

WeiYing1_0-1701992045006.jpeg

In pie chart, you can change slice label at slice setting as below: 

WeiYing1_1-1701992166587.jpeg

Let me know if that is not you are looking for.

Thanks,
Wei

0 Kudos
RaoelisonFH
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, Wei. The chart that I'm mostly referring to is the bar chart. The labels I have on the y-axis that are in default (i.e. age13-15, age 16-17, age18_older), doesn't change to the alias. There is no option on the bar chart that allows me to change the names. I could only do that on the webmap but even with the label change on the web-map, the chart in ExB doesn't honor it.

As for the pie chart, I'm able to change the labels but for some strange reason, whenever I need to change the color of a slice or change the data label format, the name change doesn't stick.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RaoelisonFH ,

As you describe for the bar chart, you want to change the label on axis. We does not support to change axis's labels bar chart, where the axis label honors category field's values.
But how do you could change from webmap? Or are you using "By field" charting? Then the category axis label honors field's alias and that works in Chart (chart honors the field alias.) 

For the pie issue, I cannot reproduce according to your description. Please provide more details.

0 Kudos