Select to view content in your preferred language

How to Highlight Selection (similar to Web Maps and Web App Builder)

06-27-2024 07:52 AM
Labels (1)
SierraPelizza
New Contributor II

We are on Enterprise 10.9.1, and I am using Experience Builder through Enterprise for a very simple experience. There is a one layer that I have popups enabled for (parcel based), and I am wondering how to get that selection to highlight when selected?

When using both Web Maps and Web App Builder, if you select an item it gets highlighted in teal to show you what is being selected (as seen below):

SierraPelizza_0-1719499584014.png

Does Experience Builder not have this available? I cannot seem to find any sort of documentation available. As you can see below, when selecting somewhere on the border of two features, you can see in the popup that there are multiple features to look at their popup - but you can't tell which item is selected, and the popup arrow doesn't move to show you:

SierraPelizza_2-1719499722750.pngSierraPelizza_3-1719499756496.png

I don't know there if there is a setting I'm missing - but I don't need to do any sort of data manipulation, I just need my parcel to be highlighted when you select it so users will know what they are looking at. This way they know what pop up is being associated with which parcel.

I know that you can turn of "Select" under Tools in the map frame of experience builder, but that enables you to select multiple items and it doesn't show you a popup like I need. This is not the function I need.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shauna-RaeBrown
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, you can enable highlighting in ExB (at least in Enterprise 11.1 and later).

On the left panel with the Page tab, and make sure your map is selected.

ShaunaRaeBrown_0-1719512220397.png

Then on the right side at the very bottom of the Map Content pane, in the Tools portion, make sure the Select is toggled "on".  Next in that same pane at the very bottom in the section labeled Options, you can set your highlight colors.

ShaunaRaeBrown_1-1719512677950.png

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
SierraPelizza
New Contributor II

Hello, thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately I did try this and it doesn't solve my problem. 

While this does allow me to "Select" the parcel in question- this doesn't automatically open up my pop-up windows to allow me to differentiate what is being selected. This just tells me how many parcels are selected, and then zooms me to them but I can't get any other information. 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SierraPelizza - telling from your screenshots, is that an imagery layer? I wonder if the selected layer is under the above layer which cannot be highlighted, considering the code is 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
SierraPelizza
New Contributor II

My layer lines are a little hard to see (faint grey outline), but that's the layer sitting on top of everything that's giving the data to those pop-ups.

I got some updated symbology to show the outlines a little clearer. But as far as the data goes, my only two 'selectable' layers with pop-ups enabled are this specific parcel layer and then an address points layer. 

Those are resulting in the same situation - I can "select" and the pop ups will come up, but there is no selection highlight indicator that shows what you have clicked on.

SierraPelizza_1-1719581963349.png

SierraPelizza_3-1719582021849.png

0 Kudos
SierraPelizza
New Contributor II

Would this be because I'm on Enterprise Version 10.9.1? I just tried making a test experience within AGOL, and that one does highlight data as I would expect (as a normal web app builder app would). 

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, AGOL is a few steps ahead so I would assume your version is the issue then. 

0 Kudos