How to click on a related table in the table widget and zoom to area in map

06-18-2021 06:02 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi EB community,

I have a map and a table widget in my Experience Builder. The table has the same layers as the map. In the table there are spatial features and tables that relate to the spatial features. There are GlobalIDs and GUIDs that connect them. When I click on a row in the table of a spatial feature, I can get the map to zoom to that feature. I've set this up in action/triggers. When I click on a row in the table of a related feature (non-spatial like owner details), I can't figure out how to get it to zoom to the parcel the owner details relates to. 

Is anyone able to help troubleshoot me here?

13 Replies
maymiennam
New Contributor

I'm also waiting for an answer

JonathanMcDougall

@elpinguino 

Always wondered this one too, as a relationship table selected item will, through action, filter and flash on the map - it just doesn't trigger a zoom or pan to that location. 

elpinguino

Hi @JonathanMcDougall , thanks for your reply. I can't get the flash action to work on my related tables. Could you post some screenshots or a video of how you did it?

The steps I took are table widget>action>add a trigger> select map> Trigger data = related table, Action data = polygon in the web map. Conditions GUID and GlobalID.

Are there the steps you took?

Again, all triggers/actions for spatial data works fine. It's the related table data trigger the map that isn't working for me.

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

@elpinguino 

Will do.

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson

Hi @elpinguino I have been trying to do something similar. I couldn't find a way to do this, so I created an Idea, if you want to help vote it up.

I'd like to be able to click on a related record and have it zoom to the parent feature, as you suggested. I also want to be able to click on a parent feature and have it automatically select or filter for the related record(s) in the related table. As well as have them filter based on the applied table Search. For now it didn't seem there was a way, but if you find one... please let me know!

elpinguino

Hi Brittany, I saw your idea post. Looks like you got this sorted. Everything except for the click on a related record in the table and then zoom to it on the map. I was only able to get it flash, but that's better than nothing for me.

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

@elpinguino  @BrittanyBurson 

Hi both - " I also want to be able to click on a parent feature and have it automatically select or filter for the related record(s) in the related table" - this is possible if you don't use a table, using Feature Info pointed to the related table it works. It will also be filtered down by the current map extent.

The other two, yeah, given you click on a related record in the widget that's been setup to relate ParentID and GlobalID, how it can't zoom to.

I've tried to avoid tables, I find them clunky and, after all, who is going to use a table to scroll through lots of table records? I don't find it the best user experience. I put the table into the widget controller allowing the user the chance to have filters set and extract data.

We've a gully inspection dataset with 20k+ features and each one gets inspected once or twice a year - imagine wading through that table.

I try to think of the user flow - so, use the map to navigate or search, some filters, then go through the selections.

The screenshot is of an exp that's embedded in a Roads exp - it shows the gully, you'll see it's showing 2 inspections along with the attachments, I can click the widget controller to view the Parent Feature etc etc.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1625558988873.png

Then this is the number of inspections held 2020/21 

JonathanMcDougall_1-1625559051013.png

0 Kudos
elpinguino

Thanks @JonathanMcDougall . I'm using the table primarily because you can edit in it. Are there other widgets you can edit in in Experience Builder that I've missed? I'm still new to this, so could easily have missed it. Quick googling says there is an Edit widget in the developer version, but I'm not going to jump into that just yet.

BrittanyBurson

@elpinguino Same here, looking to use the Table widget because of the editing capabilities, especially for our workflows we are transitioning from Excel entry. It's really great!