Select to view content in your preferred language

How do you set layers to only display at a certain scale?

Jump to solution
05-11-2023 01:52 PM
BrianHenderson2
New Contributor II

I'm working on my first experience and have it linked to an existing webmap with nine layers. By default I want the Experience to open at a statewide scale, but I only want three of the layers to display at a statewide scale.

To reduce visual clutter, I only want the other six layers to become visible when you zoom in my closely to the County level. I couldn't find anywhere to specify visibility by scale in Experience Builder, so then I assumed it was reflecting the settings of the webmap. I checked the webmap and they were all set to display at state scale, so I adjusted them all to the settings I want and assumed that would take care of things. The webmap is displaying the layers the way I need it to now, but all the layers still display at the initial statewide scale in Experience Builder.

Am I missing something? This seems like such a basic need that it seems there must be a way to change which layers are displayed depending on the scale the Experience is being viewed at, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks for any help with solving this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hmm, works for me. Did you refresh your Experience? The map widget will not change dynamically, you need to reload it.

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hmm, works for me. Did you refresh your Experience? The map widget will not change dynamically, you need to reload it.

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
BrianHenderson2
New Contributor II

@JohannesLindnerAaah, thank you! I had refreshed the Experience, but didn't try removing and re-adding the webmap. Now that I did that it's working as expected. Glad to have that solved.