Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I simply zoom to an address?

Jump to solution
04-11-2024 12:48 PM
Labels (1)
HeatherHegi1
New Contributor III

Experience Builder is so clunky to learn, but I can't keep avoiding it. I'm trying to create an app using the foldable template. How do I get the search functionality to simply zoom to an address?

I don't want it to trigger any special action like selecting a layer or anything. I just want it to zoom to and pinpoint a searched address to help the user orient themselves. Just like the search functionality did by default in Web App Builder.

Right now, in Experience Builder, I can search an address, but when I click on it, it does nothing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

You have to set up a an action to zoom when the selection changes and it somewhat depends what you are searching (layer or using a locator) - in the first screen shot below, i set up a action this way so when i type in my target (see the red mark in the search box), then it gives me the search result (yellow mark) I can click on that to select the record and it zooms to the selected record - this is with the search source set to layer where I'm only searching for features in a specific layer and specific fields within that layer.

The second screen shot below shows how to set up the search using a locator - in this case I've checked the 'auto select first result' which then automatically selects my location and zooms to it.

clt_cabq_0-1712866196649.png

clt_cabq_1-1712866524993.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
clt_cabq

You have to set up a an action to zoom when the selection changes and it somewhat depends what you are searching (layer or using a locator) - in the first screen shot below, i set up a action this way so when i type in my target (see the red mark in the search box), then it gives me the search result (yellow mark) I can click on that to select the record and it zooms to the selected record - this is with the search source set to layer where I'm only searching for features in a specific layer and specific fields within that layer.

The second screen shot below shows how to set up the search using a locator - in this case I've checked the 'auto select first result' which then automatically selects my location and zooms to it.

clt_cabq_0-1712866196649.png

clt_cabq_1-1712866524993.png

HeatherHegi1
New Contributor III

Thank you very much! I was overlooking the action settings to choose the map.

0 Kudos
clt_cabq

I'm just starting to get familiar with this myself so it was a helpful thing to me to hunt down. We are so used to things like WAB and Dashboards that EB is just enough different its hard to see how everything works to get a similar result; ultimately i think it has more power but its definitely a change that isn't intuitive. Glad I was able to help!

HeatherHegi1
New Contributor III

Can't get it to put a temporary pin at the address, can we? I tried the flash function and that didn't seem to do anything.

0 Kudos
clt_cabq

ah, i don't see any way to do that unfortunately, but maybe someone else knows of a secret. Short of providing the draw widget and having your users drop a marker from that, I am stumped. 

JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Not currently possible (outside of custom widget development). The product team is working on adding this option.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for this information about Experience Builder

0 Kudos