How do I assign metadata for Social Media Sharing for a Experience Builder App?

02-08-2021 03:43 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to share my Experience Builder App on LinkedIn but it doesn't show an image with the link. It also just says the title is Experience.  Then I went to LinkedIn Post Inspector and got this feedback:

Where do I edit this information?  On AGOL? Experience Builder?

Metadata detected by LinkedIn.PNG

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I managed to figure something out here.  Two obvious solutions first, but the last one is doing something more than just spitting out a url to share. 

1.  I believe that since I was using a dashboard as a landing page in the Experience Builder that I had to set the thumbnail image manually in AGOL.   

2. The title of the LinkedIn post "og:title" that LinkedIn and Facebook use, that is the title of your Experience Builder App (just above the thumbnail).  I had a title but it wasn't showing until step 3 here.

3. Lastly, whether this had an effect or not I don't know (I think it did something), go to the details section on AGOL of your item to share (same page as thumbnail and title, where you see facebook, twitter and a third object, a tiny url maker (?) (see image attachment).   I just know that when I used the "third object" link and ran it through LinkedIn/Facebook post debuggers, that it finally appeared how I want it.  I think that this does something to set the "og:metadata" tags.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

One last note to mention, this didn't really solve the issue.  I had to decide on tradeoff between the LinkedIn post with no title or image but landing on Experience Builder homepage;  Or,  LinkedIn post which had a title and picture but landing on AGOL project page that directs to Experience Builder homepage.  The latter is what I choose because LinkedIn views will be more with title and image thumbnails, but it's not my "ideal" solution, which is title + image + landing directly on my Experience page.

Still searching for answers if anyone knows better ways.

0 Kudos
ChesapeakeBayFoundation
New Contributor II

Seems like this issue has not been addressed yet? Are there any updates?

0 Kudos