Filter Widget In Widget Controller - Closing Filter Dialog Clears Filter

Jump to solution
08-19-2020 07:30 AM
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

I have a Filter Widget in a Widget Controller (and a List Widget).  First, I open the Filter Widget dialog and apply the filter (reducing the number of items in the list, as expected).  Then when I close the Filter Widget dialog, the filter is un-applied (all items are again visible in the list).  I noticed this in ExB DevEd v. 1.1.  I started up ExB DevEd 1.0 and this behavior does not exist there.  Was this an intentional change?

The behavior also exists in the online version.  Below is a link to an ExB app that demonstrates it: 

Experience 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dave,

Just want to add one thing based on what David mentioned above - that there is also another way to work around this if you do ever come across the situation where you need multiple widgets inside a controller (prior to the fix):

In the Filter widget setting, now it is possible to choose more styles as "Arrangement Style > Icon". If chosen, then the UI would resemble what is inside the controller and the widgets represent as an icon with a pop-up, you can even change the width, height, corner radius, and background colors.

Anyway, it might be fun to explore that

Cheers,

Tonghui

DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, that was interesting to explore.  For a single filter it would perhaps be most preferable.  With multiple filters it could be useful to place them all in the header so the user would have quicker access to them.  It seems that custom icons would be needed for that to work well.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dave,

This bug should be fixed in the latest June update.

Regards,

Shengdi