Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting Data from a Layer that is Part of a Service

Jump to solution
03-04-2024 10:59 AM
WorcesterGTSS
Occasional Contributor

I'm using the Experience Builder Query widget in ArcGIS Online to query a layer that's part of a hosted feature layer service that includes 8 other layers. I'd like users to be able to export data to a csv after making a query. I've tested it out and noticed that the exported csv file only includes the OID field and none of the other attribute fields in the layer. I've confirmed that "Allow export" is toggled on in the Data tab in Experience Builder. In the item details page for the service, I've also checked the "Allow others to export to different formats" box in the settings. I'm also the owner of the service, the web map, and the Experience Builder app. Am I missing a setting somewhere or are layers from hosted feature services not supported when it comes to exporting data?

Samara

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WorcesterGTSS
Occasional Contributor

Actually I think I understand the problem now. I want what's exported to mirror the attributes included in my web map popup for the layer. But that popup is configured as a text element that references the layer fields, which seems to prevent the extract data tool from including those fields. From what I can tell, I would need to re-configure the popup to directly include fields (rather than using a text field that references the fields in it) for the attributes to correctly display when exporting data in the Query widget. Otherwise, I could also customize the fields to use directly in the Query widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your post! Please ensure that the desired fields are configured in the result section of the settings.

0 Kudos
WorcesterGTSS
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Could you be more specific about the Result section of the settings that you're referring too? Where can I access those settings? I don't immediately see them looking at the EB interface.

Samara

0 Kudos
WorcesterGTSS
Occasional Contributor

Actually I think I understand the problem now. I want what's exported to mirror the attributes included in my web map popup for the layer. But that popup is configured as a text element that references the layer fields, which seems to prevent the extract data tool from including those fields. From what I can tell, I would need to re-configure the popup to directly include fields (rather than using a text field that references the fields in it) for the attributes to correctly display when exporting data in the Query widget. Otherwise, I could also customize the fields to use directly in the Query widget.

0 Kudos