Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Query Widget Spatial Filter

05-12-2022 01:31 PM
AdejumoBidemi
Occasional Contributor

Working on an App with EB using the Query Widget (Spatial filter>Filter by> Selected features from data source>Add filter layer>Data Added) but it doesn't work. It selects more than the boundary but when I try the same in WebApp builder it returns the correct number. Also noticed that if I use the draw tool, it also gives the correct result.

Experience Builder Query ResultExperience Builder Query Result           WebApp Query ResultWebApp Query Result

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
d-slet
by
New Contributor

Hello,

@TianWen Also having this issue in EB within AGOL. It doesn't seem to honor the spatial aspect of the query once the user supplies the values. 

It would be great if you could combine the 'Select by Location' aspect of the query but apply it to points that are within/intersect polygons that are queried from user submission, not necessarily from user clicks. I have disabled all popups and selections from underlying Township/Ranges so a click point solution will not suffice.

Just adding this comment for additional visibility and hopes of a resolution 🙂 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DarinaTchountcheva
Frequent Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue with the Query widget in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0.

What I have found out is that in order for the query widget to see the selected record on the map the "Choose the filter type" dropdown needs to fire some type of event (like "selection-changed", "onChange"..., for example). 

If I have a selected record on the map and the dropdown already has the "Selecting features from a data source" selected, the buffer does not work. 

If I open the dropdown and select another value ("-", for example) and then go to "Selecting features from data source", then the buffer functionality works and results are returned as expected. 

But this switching between values of the dropdown has to happen every time the selection changes in order for the query widget to see the new selection. 

I will contact ESRI Support after the weekend as it sounds like a bug. 

D_AnneHammond
Regular Contributor

I also need the intersect->filter functionality to filter survey footprints by selected taxlot so users can view a list of surveys that intersect a specific property.

0 Kudos
DarinaTchountcheva
Frequent Contributor

Just to follow up with this issue. 

I upgraded to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 and the spatial query is now working as expected. When records are selected, it shows in the query pane the number of record selected and then the correct results are returned. 

0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri
Frequent Contributor

Same issue here (on AGOL).... It's May 2023, ESRI telling us to move to ExB and simple things like this aren't working....neither are url parameters which is quite frustrating!

0 Kudos